The University of Ghana Ocean Governance, Research and Development Project (OGP) began in January 2022 with funding from the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD). The Project is a multi-disciplinary collaboration between the University of Ghana School of Law and the Department for Marine and Fisheries Sciences of the University of Ghana, with support from the Norwegian Centre for the Law of the Sea.
The OGP aims to build capacity in the teaching, research, and implementation of the law of the sea and ocean governance in Ghana. The OGP will entail the desig n and delivery of capacity-building activities; research collaborations; and the development of legislative, administrative, and regulatory mechanisms for ocean governance in Ghana. The Project will expand the pool of persons with enhanced knowledge and expertise, in the law of the sea and ocean governance to enhance effective implementation of ocean- relevant conventions and instruments.
• Prof. F.K.E. Nunoo - Project Coordinator
• Mr. Godwin Djokoto - Project Coordinator
• Oliver Mawuse Barker-Vormawor- Technical Consultant
• Andrew Otokunor Sackey- Grant Support Manager
• Benedicta A.O. Armah- Programmes Officer
• Nadia Kokui Torsu- Project Officer (Administration & Communications)
• Clement Abuga Addo- Project Officer (Operations & Logistics)
• Frank Sowah- IT Support Officer